186 Hidden Lake Crescent,Carp, Ontario K0A 1L0¨ (613) 220-4266 ¨ email@example.com
SALES ENGINEERING / APPLICATIONS ENGINEERING / DESIGN
Highly driven, performance focused leader with 30+ years broad based experience building best-in-class software applications. Exceptional technology skills combined with ability to drive user-centric solutions, define strategy, and lead innovation. Outstanding leader distinguished for exceptional communication skills, ability to manage and nurture talent, form strategic partnerships, and effectively build key partner relationships. Demonstrated management skills that enhance productivity and drive sustained organizational performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Software Development ● Start-Up Environments ● Product Development ● DevOps ● Telecom
User Centric Solutions ● Mobile Solutions ● Business Development ● Account Management
Public Speaker ● Team Leader ● Talent Management ● Collaboration Skills ● Strong Business Acumen
NOKIA NETWORKS, April 2016 – Present
- Designed work item handlers for JBPM based work flows.
- Trained teams in Mexico and Poland to do Adapter development.
Applications Engineer; Developer, Dec 2013-April 2016
- Designed reports and adapters for Nakina’s Carrier grade OSS products.
- Designed various adapters for communicating with Network Elements
- Setup and in-house OpenStack cloud and wrote an adapter to audit it.
- Nakina was purchased by Nokia in April 2016.
- Delivered reports based on Jaspersoft’s Studio. Worked with Oracle WebLogic, Clover ETL and Oracle Databases.
- Designed SDN and NFV adapters to add support for these new technologies.
Team Lead & Developer, Apr 2013-Oct 2013
- Led software development efforts for UX design and software firm delivering transformation products in mobile, enterprise, healthcare, and consumer industries.
- Key contributor to development of mobile application project, running on IOS and Android, for large Ottawa based client.
- Focused one month on IOS development using x-code and seven months on Android development utilizing Eclipse with SDK and NDK plug-ins.
Founder & Vice President, Nov 2007-Mar 2013
- Founded Applications Engineering for a technology company specializing in video tele-presence and collaboration.
- CIO, responsible for all corporate voice and data communications.
- Founding member instrumental in defining products and engaging first round of customers.
- Orchestrated launch of first software release 1.0 Major Visual Collaboration in 2009.
- Participated extensively in evaluation and customization of Linux target OS’s while utilizing a variety of design tools and technologies, including Eclipse, NetBeans, GnuGk, FFmpeg, GCC, Wireshark, Iperf, and NetEM.
- Led team of two in developing customer application notes, building custom software, and crafting customer solutions by integrating other networked components.
- Applied systems integration and software development skills to create innovative solutions for customers, ultimately converting foundation customers into key references.
- Conducted investigative work on traffic shaping and developed mobile control software for iPad, iPhone and Android applications.
- Held number of key roles, including senior software developer and applications and sales engineer.
Founder, Oct 2001-Nov 2007
- Established four technology-focused start-ups, ultimately leading to a merger with CounterPath, which builds innovative SIP-based softphones, server applications and Fixed Mobile Convergence (FMC) solutions.
- Served as senior software designer in multiple application based organizations, each building upon success of predecessor: Mitel Knowledge, MKC Networks, and NewHeights Software.
- Developed a service creation environment for VoIP phone system in Java, followed by auto-attendant, voicemail, IVR, and call distribution services.
- Created custom telephony based services for specific customers.
MARCH NETWORKS (formerly TELEXIS)
Founder & Assistant Vice President, Aug 1996-Oct 2001
- Managed support organization of leading physical security manufacturer, providing IP video surveillance cameras, NVRs/DVRs, and video management software for commercial and government organizations.
- Supported purchase and conversion of company from Telexis to March Networks.
- Led team of 4 in developed management software of video capture product line.
- Served as member of CTO office investigating opportunities for mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Represented Telexis at industry centric events, presenting papers, giving presentations, and helping close technical sales.
Product Manager, Aug 1994-Aug 1996
- Defined and managed Microsoft windows based project for leading developer of telecommunications network management software.
- Team contributor to development and delivery of software over two-year period.
NEWBRIDGE NETWORKS CORPORATION
Founder, Feb 1987-Aug 1994
- Senior Hardware and Software Developer.
- Transitioned from hardware telephony interface designer to software development team within first year of employment, developing code in Pascal and Motorola 68K assembly.
- Designed and troubleshot networks in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Chile, and throughout the U.S. and Canada.
- Served as manager of NSA Field Trials, managing team of fifteen in deployment and testing of early versions of all Newbridge products.
Previous work includes Hardware / Software designer with Mitel Corporation from 1981-1987.
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
- St. Lawrence College, Cornwall, ON, EET
- Software Development Skills: Java based applications for Window, OSX, Linux, Android, Javax.com, RXTX, NIO, multi-threading, applets, servlets, GIT, SVN, CVS, Android simulator, SDK, NDK, plug-ins
- Objective-C Applications for Apple Mobile Devices: Restkit, network communications, complex user interfaces, multi-threading
- Python Applications for RaspberryPi: Raspbian, XBMC, network communications, multi-threading
- Communication Protocols: UDP, TCP, RTCP, RTP, SIP, H.323
- Systems Integration: GnuGK, H.323 Gatekeeper, RedHat, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, Suzy, Mint, Wireshark, FreeSwitch, CVS, SVN, ethtool, Iperf, IPTraf, ULAW, ALAW, H.264, H.263
- Hardware Development: Analog telephony interfaces, SPICE, analog circuit simulation, Motorola, Intel, audio pre-amps and mixers, linear power supplies